Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 28 Gee Brief Rest in Rapid City

July 18th
Rest in Rapid City
The day started with a visit to the local all-in-one sporting goods shop called Scheels. Scheels is unique, at least to me, in that it has and does EVERYTHING. Hiking, hunting, all sports, cycling and ...I'm sure I'm missing something that it does. In addition, they have a service department for cycles. The amiable and knowledgeable guy you see pictured is Brandon. He helped fix a loose dust cover on Jenard's frame and also, cleaned off the chain and adjusted the derailleurs. His price was VERY fair, and chatting with him was fun. He politely informed me of something I had already guessed: "You've got a few "hills" waiting for you in Montana." In addition, Brandon paid me a huge complement, when suggesting that I skip one particular city on my route and just cycle straight on to the next. His suggestion would have had me cycling a 200 mile day! Thanks for the faith brother! Brandon is preparing to travel 1400 miles to run a race down in California, just south of San Francisco. Good luck to you Brandon, and thanks for the awesome service and friendly conversation!

Next Jenard insisted on us taking him to see Mount Rushmore. It was truly spectacular! The pic of J and me was supposed to have the Presidents in the background. It didn't, but I still think it's a pretty nice pic!
Back off George, she's taken!!



Designer of Mount Rushmore






No comments:

Post a Comment