Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 10: Ripley, NY to Geneva, OH (J's Version)

Good morning!! At a D&D in Geneva, OH. Today should be interesting because we are on MANY different routes for short periods of time. We've been spoiled with only really traveling on 2 routes a day for long stretches. When we were mapping the routes out for today my mind was spinning. It's weird because we both are using Google maps but are getting different directions on each of our devices. We want to get around major cities, so the route is going along the outskirts of Cleveland. (The Drew Carey Theme Song is playing in my head now...Ohio!)

It's hard to believe it's July 1st! Hopefully, after today we'll have a better grasp of where we will be approximately around the 4th because we should book a motel ahead of time since places will most likely be super busy. It seems like we should be almost half way by this point because I mean Ohio is pretty far from Maine, but G said we're only about 1/5 of the way done. The United States really is large when you look at it from our perspective.

Girard, Ohio
Also, yesterday, we were technically in three states! The morning we left NY, travelled through PA, and then Ohio. We even went through a town called, "Girard." It's off by one letter but come on! Talk about signs! Another cool thing is that we have been getting really positive messages from people that G has met on the road. He tells them about the blog and our FB page, and they have reached out to us saying how inspiring G is. It's totally awesome. Thanks, again.  Make sure to read G's latest recap on Days 9 and 10 and how he met so many nice peeps.
G's latest entry

Part of what I love about G is how positive he is! If you already read his latest entry you should
Always positive. MY inspiration!
notice that he did not mention the "dark side" of yesterdays journey like I did. Instead, he focused on the majority of the day that was uplifting and fun. I think we balance each other nicely.

Yesterday, when I was blogging at the Burger King, they didn't have Wi-Fi for some reason. So I used my cell phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. It's actually pretty cool AS LONG as your service provider doesn't
charge you more for doing that. Ours doesn't, but before you try it, you should make sure because some do charge you. On the IPhone, you go into
your settings and click on "Wi Fi hotspot" and you can set a password, too, that way you can monitor who uses it. Then, on your laptop you click on
the icon for wi fi and find your device. Droids can do this as well.

I found a mall yesterday, and it was empty. It was more like a strip mall but inside. There really wasn't that many stores, and it was one floor and empty. Kind of a no man's land. Very I Am Legend, but I didn't talk to any mannequins. I did; however, befriend a Volleyball. I went into a sports store and got G a few items (head sweat cap) and then went to JC Penny. I was carrying
around the bag of sports items with me, and I told the dressing room lady I had this bag but didn't want to bring it in the dressing room, and she responds in a totally trust worthy tone, "Why not?? You're fine. Bring it in." Um, okay. I've never heard of that before. Normally, there are several signs posted, and they chase you down to tell you NOT to bring any other bags in the dressing room. Pretty cool!

Lastly, we stayed at a Motel 6 last night, and wow, it was unbelievably modern and awesome. I mean, you think Motel 6 and your mind doesn't go straight to high end. The décor was amazing, and I've never been in a motel/hotel room that has wooden floors. Everything was set up just right. NUMEROUS plugs in practical places. Ironically, it was the nicest (aside from the Jacuzzi room) place we've stayed at on the trip AND the cheapest! Go figure.




Oh, and this morning we had another earlier start. I think we found the key. The night BEFORE get a breakfast sandwich and coffee and keep it in the fridge. That eliminates time in the morning. Speaking of iced coffee. I'll end on this note, those of you at least from CT that get Mcds iced coffee know that you can only get the iced in Med or Large sizes. In Ohio, you can get a Mcds iced coffee in SMALL! Totally mind blowing because I can never finish the medium size.

Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment