Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 14: Early Morning (J's Version)

Good morning! G and I both posted lengthy entries last night, but I didn't want to mess up my morning blog routine too much, so here I am writing again. I mean, there's always something to say.

The five pictures below are of businesses that have been extremely prevalent ever since we hit the New York line. I have NEVER seen SO many Dollar General stores before. Even in a little rural town, there's a Dollar General. It's kind of like how there's a Starbucks or Mcds at every corner in NYC. Also, we've come across many Family Video stores. I couldn't believe my eyes at first because I assumed all of the local family video stores were extinct due to asteroids known as Netflix, Red box, and online streaming. Arby's and Little Caesars are two chains that have slowly disappeared out of most of CT, so living in a New England bubble, I figured the stores were going out of business but in NY and OH that is definitely NOT the case. Another everywhere establishment is a restaurant chain called Bob Evans. We haven't been to one yet, but I'm curious. I think it's like a Friendly's/Denny's type of place, but I'm not sure. They are all over.

  



Last night after I blogged, I organized our newly clean laundry. I hate finding and matching up G's socks. He has 18 pairs which lasts him 6 days. Each day he starts with wearing a pair and brings 2 extra pairs on the bike. Throughout the day he refreshes his socks to avoid overly sweaty feet. We've decided on a 6 day cycle. Bike for 6 days then rest. He only has 6 cycling shirts, so it works out. Originally, I brought ALL of his sweat proof work out shirts because those are shirts he would bike with, but right before our trip he tried on one of the pro type of shirts with the pockets in the back, and he thinks those are more practical since they are specifically designed for cyclists.

Also, I'm providing you with a picture of all our maps. Ohio, Iowa/Illinois, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon. I might be forgetting one or two. These maps are great because they fold out then fold back in a small space which makes putting on the bike ideal.

I snapped a picture of G in his spandex before he left this morning. Lookin' good! Also, yesterday at Spokes we bought another helmet since we were down to one after he left the other one at a gas station by accident.

Have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment