Friday, July 4, 2014

Day 14: Houston we have a problem

After I left the hotel this morning, the check engine light went on! Of course it goes off now instead of yesterday on our day off with G around. I freaked out and assumed it was the transmission light because we've had transmission problems in the past. Now, that I'm reflecting I don't even know if such a light exists. It was the check engine light. I know that for sure after a google search. Ah. Why didn't I pay more attention to my dad when he taught me about cars?

So the whole time I'm thinking transmission and freaking the %*}¥ out. G picked up the phone, thank God and remained calm. He told me to not follow his route but go straight to Fort Wayne, Indiana on the highway. Two and a half hours later I made it. Those two and a half hours were rough because I kept imagining hearing weird noises coming from the truck. My worst nightmare was getting stuck in the middle of nowhere because that's where I was the whole ride here. 

Once I got to Fort Wayne I calmed down. It's a big city. G called and said try Auto Zone for a scan test then call triple A for a mechanic. Good thing we just bought the membership! 

Auto Zone said the manifold pressure sensor was messed up. I don't know how to explain what that is without you or me falling asleep. I, then called triple A and the lady said all their mechanics in the area were closed for the holiday but to try a Sears since they are open all week. 

I could not believe it! I was driving to see if the Fort Wayne dodge dealer was open and passed by a Barnes & Noble. The dealer was not open, so I pulled into the BN lot thinking I'd go there after calling triple A. Guess what store is next to BN? Yup! Sears. Maktub. 

They are currently trying to fix the truck. I really really hope they do. G is 59 miles away so most likely won't be here until 7. He lost time trying to make some car calls, too. 

Happy fourth. Have a cheeseburger for me. 

#RoadieLife



No comments:

Post a Comment