Monday, June 16, 2014

Revelations, Well Wishes and Locations!

Revelation -
I now know why I'm riding. Here's how I found out. A very inquisitive man at an awesome deli in Cornwall Bridge asked me where I was riding to.  I told him, "Portland, Oregon". After much discussion on how I must have taken a wrong turn, the inevitable question came up, "What are you riding for?".  I gave him the inevitable speech (see The Cause: What are you riding for?), and then I told him I am basically riding for myself. I told him I ride because I like to ride. This is why I believe MOST people who ride for a cause are riding: because it's fun. I know I'm right because you NEVER see, "Cleaning the House for Cancer!"  or "Digging a Ditch for Dyslexia!".

That being said, a look of inspiration came over his face. He cried out, "No man! You're riding for ME and all the other middle age guys that would LIKE to do it, but can't!" And then he fist bumped me.

The fact that he looked to be about mid thirties and was willing to place me in the same category as him works just fine for me. So this is why I ride:

I RIDE FOR ALL THE MIDDLE AGE GUYS (LIKE ME!) WHO ASPIRE TO DO THIS RIDE BUT CAN'T! I RIDE FOR PRIDE!

Well wishes:
I've created a page for people who would like to post comments - Comments/Well Wishes/Questions

Location: 
If you are a friend or family, here's how to track my daily progress.   Where's Jenardo?

No comments:

Post a Comment