Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 6 Evening: Day 7 Early Morning: (J's Version)

Morning stretch
Good morning!!! Yup, roadie support crew was back up at 5 today! I'm BACK at the Lafayette Mcd's with another killer view of the truck. I dropped G off here since this is where I picked him up two days ago. He's aiming for Avon, NY, which is about 90 miles away. I figure we probably have 2 or possibly 3 days left in NY before we get to either PA or OH. New York is a pretty large state. I like to think of myself as worldly, but whenever I think of NY, I tend to only think of NYC. Quick side note: I booked a birthday weekend (mine) for us in NYC for the middle of August, so we better be back by then! lol

**He wanted me to let you all know that the GPS tracker is currently on.**

All by myself...
This time, I did take a picture of the lone plug!

Yesterday was just lovely relaxing with family. We had a delicious dinner (Ahi Tuna) and met some of L and T's nice friends. They talked about grown up things like life insurance, wills, and social security. It got me thinking that I really need to get on the stick. I don't know much but any of those things.

It was kind of hard to get back into the swing of things this morning, but we made pretty good time considering we had a 50 min drive from Fulton to Lafayette.

New bag
G ordered a head cam (not sure if that's the proper term) online several days ago and had to shipped to Fulton. Hopefully, tonight he'll get it up and running and will be able to use it on the road tomorrow. He needed a spot to stretch out this morning, so the bed of the truck was where it was going to happen. Also, his new bag came. This bag makes more sense for a quick, easy access to his phone.

Ah. All right. I have to go think now. I'm taking courses for my administrative degree, and I missed the last class for School Law yesterday, so I have to take the make up quiz now. School Law is a lot harder than I thought. Law in general is mind blowing. SO many details and rules and, man, it's all about the due process. Don't get me wrong, I find it completely fascinating because this is the first class in the program that was completely out of my element, so it's all new and interesting. Like if you go on a school sanctioned field trip that deals directly with what's taught in the curriculum and students have to pay to go, teachers CAN NOT have them do an assignment based on the trip that will be graded. Our quizzes are all open books and notes, but don't let that fool you. It's so embarrassing that despite open books and notes, I still failed the first quiz. All the quizzes are true or false. I got so caught up in the wording of each statement.

Last thought. I could really go for a chicken mcnugget right now (I don't care if it's not real chicken), but lunch isn't served until 11 and hopefully I'll be on my way by then.

Make sure to read G's entry on Day 6 because he updated it:
G's updated day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment