Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 4 The Gee Brief: I HEART NY!!!!

Miles today: 61
Total so far: 302
Miles to go: 2950

Weather: rained twice

Road: Low rolling upstate NY hills. Love it!
Wind: Very strong headwind.
Physical complaints: Not many. A few days ago, the lower back was complaining quite a bit, but then I found this video. It helped a lot!

As you may have noticed, I found out how to post pics from my phone. The only problem with doing that is that it slows down the riding. The thing is, some things just HAVE to be explained in pictures. For example, the series of pictures below.


Connections
My entire life has consisted of a constant series of connections where a person, place or theme that's on my mind or a part of my life seems to constantly recur in differing forms.
The best way to describe this phenomenon is to share it with you pictorially. Today I made three connections, but I'm sure there are many more to come. Each set of pics contains something I saw today along with the connection I made.. Enjoy!

Connection 1: Buff O Matic


Above you have Buff O Matic Transmissions, on the right you have a Buff O Matic Bicycle Engine. Weird huh??!!

Connection 2: Picturesque

Above you see the word "Picturesque" on a sign. To the right you see the true definition of that word. (She makes that truck look gggoooooooddd!!!


Connection #3 Unleavened Bread
Below left, you see unleavened bread. Below right, you see
an unleavened barn. Just an example of why trickle down economics doesn't work. You start at the top, things tend to STAY at the top.
"Hey! Who was supposed to schedule the barn raising?"







That's if for now. Just posting these pics took FOREVER. I love New York, but this part of the state has a seriously slow internet connection.

Ps. Yes, I really have consumed over a pound of bologna in the past two days....and a whole lot of other food. Since I have no self control when it comes to food, this bike trip is the only means I have of controlling my weight and satisfying my need for bologna!

Pss. Special thanks to my English teacher wife for providing the correct spelling of "baloney". I just eat the stuff. Forgive me Oscar Meyer!




No comments:

Post a Comment